If you are experiencing sensitivity or are suffering from advanced periodontal decay or disease, you may be required to have a tooth extracted. Our dentist can safely remove the affected tooth without the need for major surgery.
Reasons for a tooth extraction
Some of the common situations in which a extraction can help reduce pain or prepare you for another cosmetic or restorative procedure include:
- Advanced periodontal disease that has weakened the tooth roots.
- To prepare a patient for orthodontic treatment.
- Extra/baby teeth that impede adult teeth.
- Fractured or malformed tooth.
- Severe decay which cannot be treated with root canal therapy .